Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My OCI bids are in

whoopie. I submitted a number and also mailed a few in to a few local firms that are hiring 1Ls but not through OCI. I'm on the fence about the whole thing. I don't need one of the jobs this summer. If I don't get one I will go to summer school and get residency so I can pay for the chipper chicken next fall AND take a reduced class load for the rest of my law school career. Nice, no? I think that I have as good a shot of getting a job as anyone else does. Which, let's face it, isn't saying much.

Mostly, I conflicted. what if I get a job here and I like it, a lot? Will I feel like I need to stay with them 2L summer too? and marry them after grad? Will it make me want to stay in this state? I dunno. But it has occurred to me in the past few weeks that i am not entirely sure what I want when I graduate, and that it might behoove me to figure that one out before I go too far down any one path.

No comments: