Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dear Losing Minority Party Senate Candidate

I just wanted to thank you for running this past election even though you didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually winning. I am saddened that you live in a state where you and your party will never get a federal seat representing this state. Mostly, I am saddened because I thought that you were truly an amazing candidate that would have been great for both sides of the political aisle, who understood the real issues and had the nerve to say so.

Thank you for being wonderful enough to push me out of my comfort zone and not vote for my usual federal-election party. It was a freeing experience to me, and I hope to do so in the future should another steller candidate come along.

Finally, thank you for sacrificing a year of your life and career and income to run a losing race--one that even your own national party refused to help finance because of the political demographic of our state. You are truly a great man.

No comments: