Sunday, October 29, 2006

The absent blogger

Hello, friends, family, fellow tortured 2Ls. Anyone else feel like they are being slammed? I suppose feeling like I've only attended a small handful of classes and then discovering that we have FIVE weeks of school left is part of my trauma. No fears though. I have a plan. It's painful, ugly, and downright absobloodylutely no ruddy fun. But it will hopefully see me through the next 7 to 8 weeks of my life without significant damage.

Today I learned that I in fact learned little to nothing at all my 1L year either in torts or contracts about damages. But thank heavens my real estate transfer book took pity on me and assumed that I had forgotten. Cwap! Have I mentioned how much fun that class is lately. Even if I never practive anything remotely related to real estate, I will never walk into buying a house without an atty representing ONLY me. I will understand that I need to specify that the seller MUST maintain insurance on the house until closing and that if it is destroyed before then, I'm out with all my money. Seriously, could the law surrounding buying and selling a house 1) be more friendly to sellers (I think not) and 2) be more counterintuitive?

The rest of this week will be all Con Law 2 all week. Look forward to more reasons why I still hate con law.

The best part of this week will be taking my daughter trick or treating... it's my one play fun thing planned. oof.

No comments: