Friday, May 27, 2005

Another book review and time is slipping away

Maybe I shouldn't post book reviews until I am done?? The problem is that I usually have about 6 books going at once, so it takes a while to get through any one book. Oh well. You don't have to like it, right?

Law School without Fear was recommended by my Admit school's Legal Writing profs as a good intro to law school. So far, I'm impressed. Good concise overview of courts, public vs private law. The section on briefing is really good. There's no "do it this way." Rather, it gives a good summary of what kinds of material a good brief should cover and some examples. That's as far as I've gotten so far, but I would recommend it at this point.

I realized that I am under the 30 day mark now until we move. Scary stuff. I really need to put more effort into boxing stuff up. We close on the sale of our house on Tuesday. I know that I am going to feel so relieved when that happens! You just never feel like it is final until you have check in hand. DH is going to new state next weekend. I need to pack up knick knacks and breakables for him to tote along in his car. I hate packing that kind of stuff up. Which is probably why I don't have all that much of it. I hate it so much that I am contemplating giving away a crystal hurricane lamp. So beautiful. But such a pain in the butt, and I haven't been able to display it anywhere since DD was mobile anyway. I can always get a new one later? Right?

No comments: