Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My first post

I'm a 30-something leaving a good career as a technical writer to go back to school. Law school. I'm one of those geeky people who has "always wanted to be a lawyer". I remember in my early teens insisting that I was going to do environmental law. Then I wanted to be in entertainment law, then I think I wanted to be Jack McCoy.

At some point in undergrad, I lost my way and fell into tech writing during the dot com boom. It was a good ride. It was relatively easy for me to be a high performer. But I hate, hate, hate, hate my job.

About 15 months ago, I realized that I had to change my career or risk being really unhappy for a long time. So, I started studying for the LSAT, filling out apps, the whole shebang. I cried when I got my first acceptance. I felt such relief knowing that I wouldn't have to do what I don't like forever.

So, we've sold the house and I am dragging my DD and DH half way across the country for law school. And I can't wait to start.

1 comment:

Arto Alamaunu said...

We all need a fresh start sometimes...follow your star!