Thursday, February 16, 2006

I went, I saw, I interviewed... and now back to our regularly scheduled programming

So, it went OK. reasonably well. Let's face it, the only good thing to come out of it is that I got some practice in before the interview at the firm I really really want, which is next Tuesday. I did NOT get a call back for the firm from this week. And the only people I know who did each got a 4.0. Sick isn't it, that they are actually capable of getting 4.0s. even more annoying, they're 2 of the nicest people I know at school, really. You can't even hate them.

So here's my question of the hour: if you only want to offer to the people with the highest GPAs, why do you interview 12 candidates? really, doesn't this seem like a waste of time to everyone else? But who am I to complain, I did get practice interviewing, right? right.

As far the regularly scheduled program goes, I'm working on the appellate brief this weekend, all weekend, and if I am feeling particularly organized and ambicious, I am going to start my Con Law outline. Heaven Help me. Yeah, that sounds about right for a three day weekend, non?

I need to pick a segment of time to be a fun mom though... I am starting to feel like my kid thinks I'm only the hired chauffeur. Not good this early in the semester.

Happy long weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Unreasonable Man said...

I think the official answer from most firms regarding why they interview more than just the top GPAs is "Someone else can still 'Wow' us." Which to me means "Maybe, maybe you can be impressive enough that we will overlook your grades... but probably not."

Don't worry too much about it. You're a 1L. Next year is a completely different story. Then, firms will be knocking each other out of the way to talk to you.