Sunday, February 19, 2006

I'm in persuasive memo hell

Hell, I tell you. I can't even put my finger on exactly what makes it so torturous, but man, it so totally is. Is this a bad sign of things to come? Am I going to hate being an actual attorney. I'm sticking to my guns and saying, no, I'm going to love it. For some reason, I think that getting to write more than one major memo a semester is going to help. I mean, i know you can work on the same darn case forever in practice, but I have to believe that you will work on other things too. And maybe if it's real people or real money involved (other than my tuition money) I'll be more enthralled. Here's to hoping right?

I spent the better part of one afternoon and evening this week putting together the outline for the takings section that we just completed for prof Property. Yowza. You can always tell when a particular subject is the prof's specialty by how many million tests and factors they throw at you. I swear I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out the logical order and reasonable usage for each test. Go me though; it's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just turned my persuasive memo in today. The experience was absolutely awful. I put in about 40 hours researching and another 40 writing it and it still sucks. Seems to be a common sentiment in my section though.