Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Putting on my game face

Update: It went OK. Actually I think it went well, but I am hesitant to jinx it. Two interviewers. One guy, one woman. From what I had heard, i thought that I would connect with the woman without too much effort, and the guy would be hard to crack. But it was the opposite. I think I've got the guy's vote. He liked my background a lot... and what I had to say about writing and research. The woman. I just don't know. But after talking to them, can I say I really really want this job. It just sounds too cool. Lots of diverse work, low pressure, nice atmosphere. Sigh. Cross everything for me. Oh, and it works into 10 hours a week during the school year too.

_______________________________________________________________

Original:
OK. I admit it. I'm panicking a little bit. My first interview is in about 30 minutes and it is my top choice and I am not feeling it. My kid was up a lot last night (sick), so I'm tired, but mostly I'm not feeling on top of the world, which is critical for me so I can relax in the interview. Sigh.

OK. Talking myself up. I'm relaxed. I don't need this job. I can go to summer school and be happy about it. So this isn't everything, which means I can go in there and just be my usual charming (?) self and knock this out of the ball park. We are going to talk about everything... I'm going to pay attention to their interests and draw that out. I am someone they want to work with. I am relaxed, but alert. I am charming. Sigh

A little creepy isn't it.

1 comment:

biff said...

Don't worry if you don't get it. Lots of low-paying opportunities will magically pop up toward the end of the semester. You just need to keep your eyes open.