Monday, May 16, 2005

Exciting packets from admit school and it's here!

So Saturday was good and bad for the mail. I got the official letter from Waitlist school stating that they were not sure if they were going to admit from the waitlist after all :( But then I went to the next piece of mail and cheered right up. Lovely fat packet from Admit school... asking for money, of course, but it also included goodies like summer suggestion reading list by their profs, tentative 2005-2006 academic calendar, and tentative course schedule. Naturally, I won't get my actual course schedule until Orientation day on August 15. But it looks like Admit school breaks 1Ls into 3 or 4 sections and we all have the same classes at the same time but with different profs. Um, hello, classes end at noon on Friday! Wahoo. Looks like 3 mornings a week I will have class at 9 am, but will have class the other days at 10:30. And no day am I done after 3. Whoopee! Seriously, I looked at the schedule and said a la Legally Blonde "what, like it's hard or something?"

Now before I get people saying that it's not a cake walk, I know that. But I get to arrange the rest of my time and I love love love that. Example, the two mornings I don't have class until 10:30, I plan on spending those mornings with DD, having special mommy/daughter breakfasts and play time. One of my biggest priorities is to make sure that I spend quality time with my sweet girl. Yes, I know that those days I will need to put some serious time in after she goes to bed. But it will mean a lot to me to have some mornings that are just about her and me.

The only real unknown at this point is legal research; I assume this is the writing class. In any case, they didn't have class times for that yet. So that could throw a wrench into the whole thing, but overall I'm digging the schedule.

Which brings me to an interesting contrast with Waitlist school. They actually have their writing classes usually scheduled at or after 5 pm. Phooey. This is because most of their writing profs are adjuncts that still work fulltime at firms. Again phooey. If I get in, that will be a day care challenge since DD can only stay at daycare until 6:30 and those classes don't end until 7. We'll worry about that when we get there though. Oh, and another thing, Admit school puts your classes back to back, except for lunch break, whereas, Waitlist school schedules at least an hour between classes. Yucky. I've always been a prepared girl. I don't need time between classes to finish up for the upcoming class. I just like it all packed in. That way I am free to leave campus and study at home without going back and forth a million times.

Excited. Excited. Excited. AND DH just called and glorious, wonderful, new laptop is sitting in a box for me on my desk at home Wahoo!

No comments: