Sunday, June 05, 2005

Exhaustified! And why did you love the movies you did in your youth?

DH left on Friday to take one of our cars to new city. And naturally, DD got sick about 2 hours after he left. Sigh. I had all these big plans to take her to do fun "special" activities to get her mind off of her daddy being gone. But now she's too sick to go, and of course, she's fixated on daddy being gone. She refused to sleep in her room last night. And I don't mind the idea of her sleeping in my bed, but the reality is that she kicks, turns, gets dangerously close to the edge and generally is a bed hog. So I think I got about 2-3 good hours of sleep last night. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Last night we watched Gigi. I used to love, love, love this movie as a child, pre-teenish. I don't think that I understood what it was really about until sometime in my mid to late teens. Oi! Lovely movie for a young girl/woman to like. Grandmothers and aunties negotiating material goods for a way too young girl to be a lecher's mistress. Still though. I love the songs. And Leslie Caron.

Another one that I shouldn't have loved was My Fair Lady. Sickos. Sickos all of them. And yet, I still love that film. What were people thinking?

No comments: