Monday, August 28, 2006

A law-mommy moment

Tonight I took my daughter to the school that she will be starting next week. It's just a new location for her current preschool, and some of the teachers and a very few of her classmates are moving with her. As I stood in her new classroom watching her buzz around the room and check all the new toys, books etc out, I realized that she is growing up so quickly. Soon she will be in regular school, and I'm not ready for that . . . ready for her to get up in the morning and get her own cereal, but not ready for her to be a "big girl."

She's so independant now. She's starting to try to read. She's so damn tall. It's stupid, but I am having my first mommy-nostalgia moment.

3 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

Really, your first? My son's almost 2 and I have them practically every otehr day. Makes me proud and sad... its astange confluance of emotion.

Butterflyfish said...

*a strange*

Zuska said...

Mine are 8 and 10 now. I had one of those moments the other day when my dad was in town, and called my older daughter by her old nickname, and i heard that nickname, and saw this long, lean, 10 year old body, and i had a huge pang. where was my chubby 3 year old?

all gone go bye bye.