Friday, August 19, 2005

I survived intro week, barely.

No actually, it was better than barely. I'm still really geared up to do all this stuff. I've got two orientation thingies left, one tomorrow, and one on Monday. And then class starts on Tuesday, which is good because it gives me some time to get the freaking homework done :)

I had my first exam today. It wasn't graded, just pass/fail. If it had been graded, I think it would have been a c, which really, isn't bad for zero actual instruction in legal writing. At least, it would be a C in my humble opinion.

I'm glad that my law school did an intro to law class all week. i feel like I have already been adequately "socratized" as it were. I'm not feeling nervous about next week at all... at least not from a "worry about being humiliated" sort of way. Nervous about keeping up with all the work, yes. But it'll come, right.

The good news is that I got the writing professor that I really wanted to have and none of the teachers that I really didn't want to have. I bought my books this afternoon, $420 later. Yowza. This is expensive stuff. You'd think I'd have more to show for that kind of money.

So off I go now, to start my civil procedure homework.

1 comment:

Zuska said...

So how is the first week of classes going?