Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thoughts for New Orleans

As i crawl out of my cave that is reading and briefing cases, I realize I am missing a lot of what went on in the world this week. But I am acutely aware of the disaster likely to befall New Orleans in the next 24 hours.

Ironically, because my mother hasn't been through enough in the last several years, she and my grandfather just moved to New Orleans to be near my mother's sister. As in really, she just moved there, bought a house, moved all her worldly possessions and got settled. And I'm worried. She's safe, she and my relatives cleared out to baton rouge this morning and were told to pack enough for "weeks". Lovely.

In any case, I'm thinking of everyone whose lives are intertwined with that city. And praying for a miracle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.