Thursday, September 14, 2006

Interviewing starts and other fun

I had my first few interviews today. I was much more relaxed this year than last year, so that in itself is a great thing, but now the trick is figuring out if that made me seem more personable. And I just have no idea. The bottom line for me is that I did not apply anywhere that I think that I would hate to work, but I did, out of desparation, apply to a couple of places that I think would not be as much fun or suited to what kind of practice and lifestyle that I want to pursue. So, as long as I get one offer which means then, at least one callback, I'm fine. But of course I have preferences. A top 5 if you will. i had firsts with 2 of my top five this morning. Now I guess there is nothing to do but wait.

On another somewhat related note: on occasion, I read a work/life blog for attorneys called Up to Par. They've pointed to another related blog (JD Bliss) with an fun billable hours calculator. It's always comforting to me to see that it isn't really that hard to hit targets for firms that I've applied to. Good thought.

No comments: