Friday, September 08, 2006

job update

I thought about posting just the title and letting the blank space speak for itself. But then I realized that while there are no fruits of my labors, I have been laboring. I've started hearing the usual vicious rumors that many of the local firms ocming to OCI are not actually hiring, and instead, they are resume perusing. So on the tail of that, I went into a three day panic and applied far and wide. I'm not really in the mood to move... ever again, but I am not in the mood to not have a job either.

Here's a kick in the pants: I actually already got a response back from an out of town firm, but the line was something like "Next time you are in x city, let us know. We would like for you to come in and have a series of interviews." Now, maybe it was different in tech, and maybe I was spoiled, but um, don't firms fly you out? tech jobs certainly did. So is this code from the firm for "sure, you aren't a bad candidate, but meh. We'll interview you if it doesn't cost us anything." Because that is what is smacks of to me.

Other than attend class (where I surfed and looked for jobs), I have done nothing law related this week except job stuff. It sucks. So here's looking forward to a weekend filled with catching up on homework, and oh yeah, that law review note that I am supposedly writing.

No comments: