Thursday, January 11, 2007

And another 2L semester begins

I am back and mostly refreshed. When asked if I had a good break my standard reply is yes... because I slept and did almost nothing productive. Lots of sleeping, reading trashy novels, watching girly movies, and playing with my daughter. I knew I accomplished my goal to get lots of sleep when my daughter asked me why I was awake so early on Monday. :)

I've been through all of my classes now, and I think I am in love. Seriously, this could be the best semester ever. I've got an advanced drafting class with an adjunct who is all about practicality. If it's not real world-related, then let's not bother doing it. :) :) I'm in Business Associations and the prof is really great at explaining things and drawings and all of the other types of teaching techniques that my brain typically responds well to. And then I'm in an Evidence class that is pretty entertaining. And let's face it: I need to be entertained. Last and for whatever reason most frightening: I'm a TA for a 1L property section. I've got mixed feelings on it. I love property--lots. But I admit that I am totally intimidated by the responsibilty of teaching it. But then, I know it's not really teaching it--just filling in holes etc. But for whatever reason, I am little nervous about my first group session next week.

What else? Law review elections are coming up next month, and I've decided to be a glutton for punishment and run for editor-in-chief. Who knows if it will happen, but here's to trying.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

EIC, huh? Can Child Protective Services take you kid away for something like that? I am completely joking - by all means, go for it - there's a dearth of female LR EICs. Go GIRL!!! Good luck! Yay for role models!

PS - I think I fell off your blogroll.

Butterflyfish said...

Good luck!